Vocaloid House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vocaloid House

This forum is dedicated exclusively to Vocaloid -- more specifically, roleplaying them. New members are always welcome!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yume Nikki, anyone?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yume Nikki, anyone? Empty Yume Nikki, anyone? Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:35 pm

I noticed both of the admins' names are from Yume Nikki... Does anybody play it? Or have any theories? I think Madotsuki was in a car accident where her older brother (Shitai-san) was killed, and she's in a coma. All of the spooky things are just survivor's guilt. ^^ When she kills herself at the end, I think she is waking up from the coma.

So what are your theories? I love reading these. XP

2Yume Nikki, anyone? Empty Re: Yume Nikki, anyone? Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:02 pm

Monoko

Monoko
Tuna Fiend

Yes! *gives cookie* You could tell out names are from Yume Nikki, I THINK I MIGHT LOVE YOU. =w= That's an interesting theory, personally I think Madotsuki was raped, impregnated, then had an abortion/miscarriage. I mean, look at Kyuukyuu-kun, FACE, and all of the random fetuses! I think Shitai-san and Monoko (where I got my username!) were Madotsuki's family but we're killed in a traffic accident. Shitai-san died right away, but the impact caused Monoko to fly, where she was extremely injured, and then she crawled to a nearby cave. I think Poniko is what Madotsuki wishes she was (when people daydream that they are their image of perfection) but took on a personality of her own and, due to being perfect, became extremely arrogant, and ignores Madotsuki, who desires her attention more than anything, so she flips the lights on and off to get it. This annoys Poniko, and she turns into her alter ego Uboa, and when you touch Uboa, it teleports you to a nightmarish world, the part of Madotsuki's mind where she represses horrible memories. The monster that looks like he's groping the hills with multiple hands brings us back to my rape theory, and so on.

https://vocaloidhouse.rpg-board.net

3Yume Nikki, anyone? Empty Re: Yume Nikki, anyone? Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:09 pm

Uboa

Uboa
Pervert With A Muffler

The rape implications in YN are rather disturbing. Either Kikiyama is trying to get people's minds working fast, to uncover the conspiracy behind Madotsuki, or he's just one sick bastard.

4Yume Nikki, anyone? Empty Re: Yume Nikki, anyone? Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:15 pm

Yeah it is kind creepy... I try not to think about it xP

5Yume Nikki, anyone? Empty Re: Yume Nikki, anyone? Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Uboa

Uboa
Pervert With A Muffler

You do have a good theory though. I have the same theory as Monoko (we've discussed this before), but I can understand yours. However, I think if that was the case, Shitai-san would play a bigger role. It seems that the main aspects in the game are Kyuukyuu-kun, FACE, and Poniko/Uboa. What would you say their relevance is?

6Yume Nikki, anyone? Empty Re: Yume Nikki, anyone? Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:22 am

I think they could be parts of Madotsuki's sub-conscience? Poniko is what Madotsuki wants to be, but Uboa is what she fears she'll become. As for Kyuukyuu-kun and FACE, I think they are just nightmarish images, you know how when you're upset about something and you have totally irrelevant nightmares? Kinda like that. XP I know my theory doesn't really make sense... In my head it does. ^_^

7Yume Nikki, anyone? Empty Re: Yume Nikki, anyone? Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:29 am

Uboa

Uboa
Pervert With A Muffler

I wouldn't say that. On the contrary, it makes perfect sense. The mind is trying to downplay the death of Shitai-san, so it creates these horrific images to keep itself busy on something else. It's actually a very insiteful theory. However, I don't think such terrifying visions could arise from something as simple as survivor's guilt, in order for the mind to create such visions, there would have to be some sort of trauma, or you could have a severe mental illness.

8Yume Nikki, anyone? Empty Re: Yume Nikki, anyone? Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Monoko

Monoko
Tuna Fiend

Speaking of mental illnesses, I've heard another theory saying Madotsuki has multiple personality disorder, and her dream self is a seperate personality, one that leaves her room and has friends (Monoko, Masada-sensai, Monoe, and Poniko, I guess) and when she kills herself at the end, she is able to dream forever, so she only has one personality. It kinda reminds me of Ten-Faced by Gumi just... Not as many personalities. ^_^

9Yume Nikki, anyone? Empty Re: Yume Nikki, anyone? Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:57 pm

Uboa

Uboa
Pervert With A Muffler

Yes I have heard that theory as well. However, parts of it seem incomplete. For example, if Poniko was her friend, why would she change into a Uboa and teleport her into an inescapable, nightmarish world? And what is the relevance of Kyuukyuu-kun and FACE?

10Yume Nikki, anyone? Empty Re: Yume Nikki, anyone? Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Monoko

Monoko
Tuna Fiend

God you always think everything through so goddamn thoroughly! XD Its not my theory so I don't know, but they could be enemies or something? Or, since multiple personality disorder usually develops from a traumatic event, she could have been raped, THEN developed MPD, and Kyuukyuu-kun and FACE are what she remembers of the incident? WHO KNOWS. It really is a fucked up game... Oh, and Kaia said she might join, and I know she has a TON of theories on this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum